About the Event
Expert Judgment: Promises and Pitfalls
March 13 Agenda
Welcome and Introduction
Phil Sharp, President, Resources for the Future
Kate Probst, Senior Fellow, Resources for the Future
Why Quantify Uncertainty?
Expert Judgment: Recent Applications
Expert Judgment for PM2.5
Round Table on Practical Issues
- When is use of expert judgment warranted?
- What is a typical budget?
- How do you select experts? How many?
- Do you pay experts?
- What is your policy regarding expert identities?
- Do you use group or individual assessments?
- Do you use experts for preference rankings?
Challenges for Policymakers and Practitioners: Uncertainty and the Regulatory Process
Bob Hetes, Senior Advisor for Regulatory Support, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, U.S. EPA
Alan Krupnick, Senior Fellow, Resources for the Future