RFF offers summer internships for outstanding undergraduate and graduate students. Each intern can expect to work with one or more RFF researchers on a variety of ongoing projects or assist in the development of entirely new areas of research and policy analysis.
Candidates should display strong writing skills and a desire to analyze complex environmental policy problems amenable to interdisciplinary methods. The ability to work without supervision in a careful and conscientious manner is essential. Highly motivated candidates in the social and natural sciences with training in economics and quantitative methods, or with a keen interest in public policy, are encouraged to apply.
Students are urged to consult the individual research project postings below before applying to determine whether they have a suitable background.
Priority consideration is given to graduate students. The program is open to both US and non-US citizens, provided that the latter have proper work and residency documentation.
Internships are available beginning in mid May and ending in late August for a 10-week assignment. To meet individual needs, some flexibility with the beginning and ending dates is possible.
Summer interns will earn a stipend of $375 per week for graduate students and $350 per week for undergraduates. Housing assistance is not provided.
Individuals interested in applying should submit the following materials through RFF’s online application system:
- a cover letter detailing project(s) of interest (see list below): please be as specific as possible when describing why you chose the project(s), as well as any related class work or experience;
- a resume/curriculum vitae;
- a recent transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable);
- a writing sample of three to five pages from a recent paper (excerpts are acceptable); and
- the name, address, phone number, and email information for two references.
Students will receive electronic notification of receipt of application materials.
Research Projects (Summer 2018)
All application materials must be received by July 6, 2018.