Resources for the Future (RFF) and the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC) have partnered to form a collaborative research institute, the European Institute for Economics and the Environment (EIEE). EIEE’s mission is to improve environmental, energy, and natural resource decisions through impartial economic research and policy engagement. The Institute is committed to being a central focal point for research insights and policy solutions within Europe, and to connect that work internationally.
On June 11, 2019, we hosted the workshop “Research Insights, Policy Solutions” in Milan, Italy, where we formally introduced the Institute. This launch featured RFF President Richard Newell on a panel that spotlights the RFF-CMCC partnership, as well as a keynote address by Nobel Laureate William Nordhaus and a roundtable on climate policies and strategies.
10:30 a.m.–11:00 a.m. EDT, “The RFF-CMCC Partnership: Together for a Better Future”
- Richard Newell, RFF President & CEO
- Massimo Tavoni, Director of EIEE
- Antonio Navarra, President of CMCC
11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. EDT, Keynote address by Professor William Nordhaus
- Discussion with Valentina Bosetti, EIEE & Bocconi University
12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. EDT, “Climate Policies and Strategies: What Shall We do to Accelerate Action?”
- Jos Delbeke, European Commission "Climate Action"
- Ottmar Edenhofer, Technical University of Berlin & Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
- Karina Litvack, Eni
- Stefano Venier, Hera Group
- Gianmario Verona, Bocconi University
- Moderator: Carlo Carraro, Ca’Foscari University of Venice & EIEE
1:00 p.m. EDT, Closing remarks by Giuseppe Sala, Mayor of Milan