At an RFF seminar, Jason Furman, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers (CEA), will unveil a new CEA report that examines the economic principles underlying the federal coal leasing program, discusses the case for reform and provides quantitative estimates of the effects of such changes.
Furman's remarks will be followed by an expert panel discussion on reforming the federal coal leasing program.
Wed., Jun 22, 2016 8:45 AM to 10:00 AM EDT
Resources for the Future, 1616 P St. NW, Washington, DC, 20036
Tweet your question and include #AskRFF
Speakers for expert panel discussion:
- Jason Furman, Chairman, White House Council of Economic Advisers
- Kenneth Gillingham, Senior Economist, White House Council of Economic Advisers
- Michael Greenstone, Milton Friedman Professor in Economics and the College; and Director of the Energy Policy Institute at Chicago, University of Chicago
- Alan J. Krupnick, Senior Fellow and Co-Director, RFF Center for Energy and Climate Economics
- Adele Morris, Senior Fellow and Policy Director, Climate and Energy Economics Project, Brookings Institution
- James Stock, Harold Hitchings Burbank Professor of Political Economy, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, and faculty member, Harvard Kennedy School
Light breakfast available at 8:30 a.m. EDT
Show press credentials at sign-in table