Testimony to the US Senate Budget Committee on the Cost of Inaction on Climate Change
RFF Board Member Robert B Litterman testifies to the US Senate Budget Committee on climate-related market risk.
Watch the Hearing
- 00:41:23—Dr. Litterman gives his oral testimony.
- 1:07:15—Dr. Litterman answers a question from Senator Bernie Sanders about the future of Wall Street investment in fossil fuels.
- 1:33:29—Dr. Litterman discusses the urgency of responding to climate risk.
- 1:45:07—Dr. Litterman answers a question on the regulatory signals for corporate investment in sustainability.
- 2:08:45—Dr. Litterman shares his personal experiences with the impacts of climate change.
To read Dr. Litterman's full written testimony with citations, please click "Download" above.
Journal Article — Jul 20, 2023
The Spread and Cost of Saltwater Intrusion in the US Mid-Atlantic
This journal article develops a high-resolution dataset showing salt patches on farm fringes and quantifies the extent of salt-impacted lands across the Delmarva Peninsula.
On the Issues — Jul 7, 2023
On the Issues: Funding Clean Energy, Vehicle Fuel Standards, and More
A biweekly newsletter connecting global current events, pressing climate and energy policy news, and economics research from RFF scholars. This week: funding clean energy, vehicle fuel standards, and more.
In Focus — Jul 3, 2023
In Focus: Financing the Energy Transition in Developing Nations
Billy Pizer, RFF's Vice President for Research and Policy Engagement, shares his thoughts on ways to finance the energy transition in developing nations.