Testimony to the US Senate Budget Committee on the Cost of Inaction on Climate Change
RFF Board Member Robert B Litterman testifies to the US Senate Budget Committee on climate-related market risk.
Watch the Hearing
- 00:41:23—Dr. Litterman gives his oral testimony.
- 1:07:15—Dr. Litterman answers a question from Senator Bernie Sanders about the future of Wall Street investment in fossil fuels.
- 1:33:29—Dr. Litterman discusses the urgency of responding to climate risk.
- 1:45:07—Dr. Litterman answers a question on the regulatory signals for corporate investment in sustainability.
- 2:08:45—Dr. Litterman shares his personal experiences with the impacts of climate change.
To read Dr. Litterman's full written testimony with citations, please click "Download" above.
Common Resources — Jun 8, 2022
Now’s the Time: How States Can Take Advantage of High Energy Prices
Prices of coal, oil, and natural gas are spiking. Although high energy costs hurt consumers, the situation offers an opportunity for energy-producing states to invest windfall tax revenues and make communities more economically resilient in the long term.
On the Issues — Jun 3, 2022
On the Issues: Energy Transition in Poland, International Climate Disclosures, and More
A biweekly newsletter connecting global current events, pressing climate and energy policy news, and economics research from RFF scholars. This week: energy transition in Poland, international climate disclosures, and more.