Testimony to the US Senate Budget Committee on the Cost of Inaction on Climate Change
RFF Board Member Robert B Litterman testifies to the US Senate Budget Committee on climate-related market risk.
Watch the Hearing
- 00:41:23—Dr. Litterman gives his oral testimony.
- 1:07:15—Dr. Litterman answers a question from Senator Bernie Sanders about the future of Wall Street investment in fossil fuels.
- 1:33:29—Dr. Litterman discusses the urgency of responding to climate risk.
- 1:45:07—Dr. Litterman answers a question on the regulatory signals for corporate investment in sustainability.
- 2:08:45—Dr. Litterman shares his personal experiences with the impacts of climate change.
To read Dr. Litterman's full written testimony with citations, please click "Download" above.
Common Resources — Mar 21, 2023
The Trade-Off between Costs and Emissions for the Hydrogen Tax Credit
Deploying hydrogen technologies quickly can speed up decarbonization and reduce associated costs, but also could increase emissions in the short run. This trade-off depends on how the US Department of the Treasury will implement the hydrogen tax credit.
Explainer — Mar 14, 2023
Urban Heat Islands 101
This explainer details how heat islands increase temperatures, how different communities are impacted by high urban temperatures, and what can be done to mitigate their negative impacts.
On the Issues — Feb 24, 2023
On the Issues: Inflation Reduction Act Insights, Housing Markets, and More
A biweekly newsletter connecting global current events, pressing climate and energy policy news, and economics research from RFF scholars. This week: Inflation Reduction Act insights, housing markets, and more